Views
Helpful
Replies

asa vpn ip question

fredj1234
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I feel like this is a dumb question, but I can't seem to find the documentation fitting my scenario on cisco. I can setup VPN without any problems. My issue though is that, all the configuration examples rely on the outside interface IP as the "PEER IP" in L2L or target IP in RA. Is there any special configuration needed to use a public IP other that my outside interface?

Example:

outside interface (ASA) ip 1.1.1.1

L2L vpn ip 1.1.1.2

RA vpn ip 1.1.1.3

Gateway ip 1.1.1.4

I want to use 1.1.1.2 and 1.1.1.3 in my ASA configuration instead of using the outside interface, but im unsure as to where I define this parameter.....

Any suggestions using this example?

Tia,

Fred

1 Reply 1

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Fred, you are right in stating all docs pertaining to l2l vpn points to outside interface as it is the most commonly setup scenario. I am not aware you could do what you are trying to do using a different IP as your vpn termination point instead of the actual IP address of the interface, if there is a was Im willing to learn it.

You could however, not that I have tried it but will see if I could simulate this at some point in future would be to have three outside subinterfaces one sub for L2l 1.1.1.2 end termination point, one sub RA 1.1.1.3 and your outside physical with 1.1.1.1 . This is Just a thought , perhaps we could see some other comments.

Rgds

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez