Overlap-sending using BRI and H323/MGCP

Answered Question
Jan 11th, 2008
User Badges:

Hi!

I am going to implement a Cisco2821 Gateway using BRI to PSTN in Germany. I have been told that the provider support Overlap-sending which is good because I then dont have to worrie to much how to implement the dialplan in CCM.

Am I limited to MGCP or does H323 support overlap sending using BRI. I think I am looking for the Backhaul-BRI feature here but I am not sure.

Any ideas would help.

Thanks

Mattias

Correct Answer by aguha about 9 years 3 months ago

If you are using MGCP, then overlap is done in callmanager instead of H.323 gateway. But you lose lots of feature and flexibility if you do so.

It supports both BRI and PRI.

Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
paolo bevilacqua Fri, 01/11/2008 - 14:35
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

Hi,

Sorry, overlap in sending is not supported. you will have to realy on the interdigit timeout (3 or 4 seconds).

aguha Fri, 01/11/2008 - 14:40
User Badges:

H.323 also works with overlap sending/receving. You need to have at least 12.4(4) IOS.

paolo bevilacqua Fri, 01/11/2008 - 14:47
User Badges:
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

Please provide a config example and isdn q931 trace to support this claim (overlap sending), as I would be very interested in seeing that !

aguha Fri, 01/11/2008 - 14:57
User Badges:

Here you go.

I'm calling myself.

paolo bevilacqua Fri, 01/11/2008 - 15:13
User Badges:
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

Great, is this CCM which version, and how do you configure that ?

ASAIK, this is not possible with CME.

aguha Fri, 01/11/2008 - 19:23
User Badges:

As long as the route pattern has "allow overlap sending" checked, it should not matter which cm version you are running, cause the overlap sending and receiving is done by H.323 gateway, callmanager has nothing to do with it except the "route pattern", you don't need to change any service parameters even.

CME is doable also.

mkulovainio Sat, 01/12/2008 - 02:01
User Badges:

Hi Aguha!

Is overlap-sending done by the gateway if you are using MGCP, thougt that was part of the Backhaul function terminating at the CCM.

I am still in the Design phase with this one. Looking at your replies, with IOS 12.4(4) - H.323 and Overlap-sending is supported. Is BRI supported or is it PRI only? I saw that you attached debug.txt but how do I download it?

Thanks

Mattias

Correct Answer
aguha Sat, 01/12/2008 - 11:11
User Badges:

If you are using MGCP, then overlap is done in callmanager instead of H.323 gateway. But you lose lots of feature and flexibility if you do so.

It supports both BRI and PRI.

Attachment: 
paolo bevilacqua Sat, 01/12/2008 - 02:53
User Badges:
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

Ok, thanks!

I'm not sure about CME, because it misses an equivalent of "allow overlap sending".

Actions

This Discussion