Doubt on Qos

Unanswered Question
Jan 11th, 2008
User Badges:
  • " /> Participante em Destaque,

Prêmio"Escolha dos membros": novembro de 2014

Hi Guys,

I have any questions on Qos?

1) The command set precende is same set ip precedence or no? What the function of each command?

2) The command "mls qos trust dscp", that is applied in physical interfaces, qualifies the DSCP-CoS translation automatically only in the interfaces where it is configured.

3) The command "trust dscp", that is applied in class police, qualifies the DSCP-CoS translation automatically only in the interfaces where police them that have this command are associated.

Thank You,

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
PAUL TRIVINO Fri, 01/11/2008 - 10:15
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

1) I would *guess* yes, different platforms and different IOS releases change syntax on some QoS stuff...

2) "mls qos trust dscp" does no translation *itself*. It says "keep the DSCP settings on any packets received on this port."

3) Not sure entirely but I would think it is more or less the same as #2.

Paul

Jon Marshall Fri, 01/11/2008 - 10:50
User Badges:
  • Super Blue, 32500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, WAN

Hi

set precedence "ip precedence value"

and

set ip precendence "ip precdence value"

both mark the value for IP precedence in the IP header where the value can be from 0 (routine) up to 7 (Network control) although you normally don't use 6 & 7 as these are used for routing updates etc.

The difference between the 2 is "set precedence" marks both ipv4 & ipv6 packets whereas "set ip precedence" only marks ipv4 packets.

Jon

wilsonsant Tue, 01/15/2008 - 02:24
User Badges:
  • " /> Participante em Destaque,

Prêmio"Escolha dos membros": novembro de 2014

Hi Jon,

Thank You for your assistance,

Actions

This Discussion