Helpful
Replies

Doubt on Qos

wilsonsant
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Guys,

I have any questions on Qos?

1) The command set precende is same set ip precedence or no? What the function of each command?

2) The command "mls qos trust dscp", that is applied in physical interfaces, qualifies the DSCP-CoS translation automatically only in the interfaces where it is configured.

3) The command "trust dscp", that is applied in class police, qualifies the DSCP-CoS translation automatically only in the interfaces where police them that have this command are associated.

Thank You,

3 Replies 3

PAUL TRIVINO
Level 3
Level 3

1) I would *guess* yes, different platforms and different IOS releases change syntax on some QoS stuff...

2) "mls qos trust dscp" does no translation *itself*. It says "keep the DSCP settings on any packets received on this port."

3) Not sure entirely but I would think it is more or less the same as #2.

Paul

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi

set precedence "ip precedence value"

and

set ip precendence "ip precdence value"

both mark the value for IP precedence in the IP header where the value can be from 0 (routine) up to 7 (Network control) although you normally don't use 6 & 7 as these are used for routing updates etc.

The difference between the 2 is "set precedence" marks both ipv4 & ipv6 packets whereas "set ip precedence" only marks ipv4 packets.

Jon

Hi Jon,

Thank You for your assistance,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: