Help with dialer 1 and ATM 0 interface.

Unanswered Question
Jan 11th, 2008

Hi, I am using a Cisco 1841 with an ADSL card for a VPN. For real time bandwidth monitoring I use Solarwinds and monitor the ATM 0/0/0 port and it seems to show the correct bandwidth after testing with it (copying files etc).

Now I also use the free Netflow analyzer tool to monitor 2 interfaces. I monitor dialer 1 and fast ethernet 0. After doing same test to see if Netflow is showing the right stats it seem I may be monitoring the wrong interface as the stats don't make sense.

I turned off ip route-cache flow from dialer 1 and added it to atm 0/0/0 and it won't push any stats to my Netflow server for atmo 0/0/0 even though Solarwinds shows stats on this interface.

What is ATM 0 and Dialer 1?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
whiteford Sun, 01/13/2008 - 22:56

This is what I thought, I monitor the remote atm 0 using Solarwinds to give me realtime receive and transmit stats and it works great, if I monitor the dialer 1 port it hardly shows any data. I'm getting different readings for netflow, it won't let me monitor atm 0 only dialer 1 and the fast ethernet ports and a vi1 port what ever that is. Anyway I copied a huge file to a user and went to check netflow had captured this and the size and it did but only said I had transferred 10mb and not the 500mb I had transferred, am I doing something wrong?

Actions

This Discussion