cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Discovering devices on GRE tunnels

wwanjohi123
Level 1
Level 1

Am not able to discover devices on GRE tunnels because from my seed device, they are not CDP neighbours and i have configured CDP RUN on the seed device. The tunnel addresses of these devices are only seen as IP EIGRP NEIGHBOURS. Is there any other way discovering them from campus manager. Kindly assist.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

to manually add devices as a seed device just go to

CampusManager > Administration > Device Discovery > Discovery Settings > Seed Device(s) =>Configure then 'Add'

Enter the IP Address from the devices that cannot be discovered. Enter an IP that the management server can reach (if the device has multiple addresses)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you upgrade to LMS 3.0.1 you will get the ability to do a variety of non-CDP based discoveries. Prior to that, you will have to manually add seed devices on each side of the tunnel.

How do i maually add seed devices on each side of the tunnel, do you mean a configuration on both of the end devices where the tunnels terminate?

If so what are the configurations?

to manually add devices as a seed device just go to

CampusManager > Administration > Device Discovery > Discovery Settings > Seed Device(s) =>Configure then 'Add'

Enter the IP Address from the devices that cannot be discovered. Enter an IP that the management server can reach (if the device has multiple addresses)