cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPM rtr responder is not enabled??

b_ferguson
Level 1
Level 1

IPM v2.6, trying to add collector settings. I have a source and a target device but when I click add, I get an Error message stating, Check if RTR Responder is enabled on the target. I have searched and found to enter the command rtr responder to enable it but that command is not found on any devices that I tried it on.

4 Replies 4

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is the IOS version on this device? Does the IOS have a featureset that supports IPSLA?

The target device is a 4507R with IOS version entservices 12.2(31).

I tried the command on a 3750 stack that I have the command exists there, so that must be my issue. I'll see what I can find to see which version on the 4507 supports rtr responder.

I have rtr responder enabled on my 3750 stack but I still get the error message to check to make sure that RTR Responder is enabled on the target. Anymore suggestions?

I found the problem, I had to the delete the target and re-enter the device as a SAA Responder and not by just the IP address.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: