Views
Helpful
Replies

RME 4.1.0 - CSV reports

one-ans1357
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've some problem in exporting reports to CSV files. I'm only able to export to PDF.

I'm on a solaris 9, LMS3.0 (RME4.1.0)

For example, opening the "RME Collection Status" > "Failed to Collect" list, following the Export link on the right-top corner, I'm prompted to choose PDF or CSV format. Checking PDF, I've the report generated, but is unuseful; checking CSV, I can see a browser window opening and immediatly closing.

So I've tried to generate some other report from RME > Reports, but with the same result.

Thanks,

regards.

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I can't reproduce. It sounds like you may have an action tied to .csv files that is failing. You may want to check your file associations for your browser, and see if CSV files are configured to be opened in an non-existent application.

So you mean my browser isn't able to find an external app to open a .csv file?

No, I mean that your browser is configured to auto-launch an application to open a CSV file, and there is a problem launching that application. When you export to CSV or PDF, the code will open another window which should start the file download. Once the file has been handed off to the browser, Javascript will close the window. At that point, the browser should either present to you a Save As dialog, or open any application that is configured to handle the given MIME type. Another possibility is you have configured CSV files to be auto-saved to a download location.

Since I cannot reproduce your problem, I know there is no systemic issue with the export feature, so I assume there must be some local browser configuration specific to CSV files that can explain what you are seeing.

Ok, now I understand. Thanks, I'll try to export that report using another pc. I've checked for my IE7 config, but I'll check it again.

I'll tell you.

Regards

Ok, i thank you very much. It was a problem concerning the IE browser.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco