Is it possible to configure Cisco IOS and Juniper in the same bridge group?

Unanswered Question
Jan 11th, 2008
User Badges:

Hi,

I have a need to bridge one particular VLAN (VLAN224) between SWITCH-A and SWITCH-B. SWITCH-A belongs to company-A and SWITCH-B belongs to company-B. Company-A will be using a Cisco 2691VPN IOS based firewall while company-B will be using a Juniper netscreen-208. Each company will be responsible for theor own swcurity model. Both companies work side by side and the company administrators will build the security model allowing specified access to resources needed across these switches.

Above is the scenario that I'm trying to work through. Using a single 2691, I have successfully created a transparent firewall solution. However, that is good for company-A, but what is comoany-B going to do?

I've tried building a test environment using a Cisco 2691 and a netscreen 208, but because the same RFC 1918 172.30.224.0/20 network exists on each core switch, I'm having a terrible time trying to get routed firewalling working. my problem is hosts on company-B's network needs to be accessible from company-A's wide area network via OSPF.

Therefore, I'm thinking that two transparent firewalls might do the trick. But, for company-B, I will be using a netscreen.

Enough of this bologna, down to the question:

Is there anyone out there that has a Cisco and Netscreen appliance back-to-back in transparent mode? I'd be interested in your thoughts.

Regards

Jeff

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion