cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VoIP QOS

gbarden
Level 1
Level 1

I need some help configuring qos on my switches. I am new to VoIP and my company just implemented VoIP at one of our remote sites. We had some help from a Cisco partner but I am not confident that qos is implemented everywhere it should be. The Call Manager is installed at the headquarters location connected to a 3560. The switch interface is set to mls qos trust dscp. The headquarters 3560 switch connects to the remote site through metro ethernet. I have SVI's configured to route to each remote site. I also have one port trunking all the vlans to each remote site. I feel that there should be qos on the trunk port connecting to the remote site as well. Also, the remote site has a 3560 where the metro ethernet comes in with trunking enabled and an SVI for routing. The remote site has several buildings connected through fiber. This 3560 connects to a 2950 through fiber at another building which then connects to a 3560 with trunking. This 3560 has the Voice Gateway connected to it with mls qos dscp configured on it's port. From there a connection is made to another 3560 with trunking to the building that has the Cisco VoIP phones. This switch has mls qos trust device cisco-phone configured on the ports with the phones.

I know this is long and drawn out but any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 Reply 1

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would recommend starting by taking a look at the QoS SRND. There are sections regarding classifying and marking traffic, Campus QoS, Link-speed specific WAN QoS, QoS specific to different switch types and many sample configurations. I think you'll find the information very helpful.

QoS SRND

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/solution/esm/qossrnd.pdf

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card