ip phone mangement tool

Unanswered Question
Jan 12th, 2008

we have 400 ip phons at verious locations

by using call manager it is taking long time to find the phone which is not registered or not working.

also if we browse the phone by http it won't allow us to change the settings.

is there in any tool by which we can manage the ip phones ?

please let us know

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
rob.huffman Sat, 01/12/2008 - 09:29

Hi Pushpak,

Hope all is well!

Have you looked at this product;

Cisco Unified Operations Manager

Cisco Unified Operations Manager 2.0 (Cisco UOM). This easy-to-use tool provides comprehensive monitoring and diagnostics for the entire unified communications system, including the multiple applications as well as the underlying transport infrastructure (IP fabric).

Cisco UOM is part of the Cisco Unified Communications Management Suite, and features out-of-the-box, real-time, service-level monitoring of all elements of your system. It performs automatic discovery of the entire system and provides contextual diagnostics for rapid troubleshooting. With Cisco UOM there are no rules to write, no thresholds to define, and no extensive and time-consuming initial setup.

Key Features

Real-time visualization and monitoring of the entire Unified Communications system enables highly effective monitoring and troubleshooting.

Active service assurance ensures that devices and applications are functioning as they should and reveals faults and performance issues before they affect service.

Powerful diagnostic tests and troubleshooting capabilities rapidly isolate faults and increase productivity.

Correlation, analysis, and presentation of voice service quality data and alerts make use of information available through Cisco Unified Service Monitor (when it is deployed).

Inventory and change monitoring enable tracking of complete details of unified communications devices and IP phone inventory.

Cisco Unified Operations Manager 2.0 does not deploy any agent software on the devices being monitored, so it will not disrupt system operations.

Hope this helps!

pushpak.lele Sun, 01/13/2008 - 19:00

Hi Rob

Thanks I think this will help us lot.

Can you please let me know how to download this software because all we could find is the patches reguarding Cisco Unified Operations Manager 2.0 on cisco site.

rob.huffman Mon, 01/14/2008 - 06:12

Hi Pushpak,

Sorry my friend, I should have mentioned that you will have to purchase Cisco Unified Operations Manager. It is not free for download :(

This Discussion