Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1200 - Antenna Command

briancobb01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to configure a pair of Aironet AP1231G as a wireless bridge.

Both ap's are loaded with software ver 12.3(8)JEC.

As I am using external antennas I need to select the primary antenna port for both Tx & Rx.

This option is listed on the web interface for radio settings but isn't possible to change via this method.

So from a telnet session I tried to use the Antenna command as detailed in the release notes.

AP(config-if)# antenna receive right

AP(config-if)# antenna transmit right

This too fails.

When I type "?" at the AP(config-if)# prompt the antenna command is not listed.

Is this "missing" command a bug or have I missed something ?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Brian

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Brian,

Did you enter the commands as listed below;

Step 1

configure terminal

Enter global configuration mode.

Step 2

interface dot11radio 0

Enter interface configuration mode for the radio interface.

Step 3

antenna gain

{<-128 - 128>

Specifies the antenna gain in dB of the connected antennas. Enter the gain in whole numbers (-128 -128 dBi) of the antenna(s) connected to your access point/bridge.

Note This setting does not change the antenna gain, it is used to identify the gain of the installed antenna(s).

Note The antenna gain value is listed on the user document that shipped with your antenna.

Step 4

antenna receive

{diversity | left | right}

Set the receive antenna to diversity, left, or right.

Note For best performance, leave the receive antenna setting at the default setting, diversity.

Step 5

antenna transmit

{diversity | left | right}

Set the transmit antenna to diversity, left, or right.

Note For best performance, leave the transmit antenna setting at the default setting, diversity.

Step 6

end

Return to privileged EXEC mode.

Step 7

copy running-config startup-config

(Optional) Save your entries in the configuration file.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/1300/12.3_4_JA/configuration/guide/o13rf.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, those are the commands I tried.

I am new to this, so have been reading quite a few docs, one of which is

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/12.3_8_JA/configuration/guide/s38rf.html

Which details the same commands as the doc in your link.

I have tried the commands in a different order, with the radio enabled and disabled, but still the gain and the antenna commands are not regognised.

As in my original post when I enter "?" at the prompt AP(config-if)# neither the Gain or Antenna commands are listed.

Do I need to load an older version of software into the AP?

Regards

Brian

Hi Brian,

That is odd! Maybe you could try 12.3(8)JA2 just to confirm :)

Rob

Hi,

I have loaded Ver 12.3(8)JA2 into one of the APs and I can select the antenna and set the gain, both via the CLI and the GUI.

So the solution for me is to load the same software into the other AP and will be able to complete my config.

But it certainly looks like there is a problem with the later version of software if the command is missing!

Hi,

I have had the exact same problem. Their seems to be a problem with that version of software.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: