CallManager 4.2 AutoRegistration not working

Unanswered Question
Jan 13th, 2008

Dear All,

I have a kind of a strange problem with Cisco CallManager's auto-registration functionality. It was working fine then all of a sudden, it isn't!!!!

First off, I have a CallManager 4.2

I checked the auto-registeration check-box on the call-manager as well as on the callManager group.

I can add the Mac address and register it manually but i want to know happened that made its auto registration not functioning.

The phone now shows "Registration Rejected: Error DBCo"

I checked the following links but no progress.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080874bf1.shtml

Another thing, is that I can't find the xmldefault.cnf file in the callManager server, and on the shown path (C:\Program Files\Cisco\TFTPPath\ )

It was not found on another seperate site's callmanager with the auto-registeration functionality working.

Where am i supposed to get that file?

Has anyone faced this before or know how i can get the auto-registeration functionality back?

Appreciate the prompt response.

Thanks and best regards,

Ahmed El-Eraky

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
rob.huffman Sun, 01/13/2008 - 06:24

Hi Ahmed,

One of the most common reasons for this to stop working is when the Pool of numbers to be used for Auto-Registration is depleted.

Can you please try this method via the Route Plan Report;

Deleting Unassigned Directory Numbers

This section describes how to delete an unassigned directory number from the route plan report. Directory numbers get configured and removed in the Directory Number Configuration window of Cisco CallManager Administration. When a directory number gets removed from a device or a phone gets deleted, the directory number still exists in the Cisco CallManager database. To delete the directory number from the database, use the Route Plan Report window.

Procedure

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 Choose Route Plan > Route Plan Report.

The Route Plan Report window displays. Use the three drop-down list boxes to specify a route plan report that lists all unassigned DNs.

Step 2 Three ways exist to delete directory numbers:

a. Click the directory number that you want to delete. When the Directory Number Configuration window displays, click Delete.

b. Check the check box next to the directory number that you want to delete. Click Delete Selected.

c. To delete all found unassigned directory numbers, click Delete all Found Items.

A warning message verifies that you want to delete the directory number.

Step 3 To delete the directory number, click OK. To cancel the delete request, click Cancel.

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803ed686.html#wp1024696

Hope this helps!

Rob

AhmedEl-Eraky Wed, 01/16/2008 - 03:16

Dear Rob,

Actually I don't believe that the problem is depleted DNs. It's in a 1000 number pool and away from the used numbers, meaning working phones are in another range altogether.

It works fine for the manual registration.

Could it be the missing file xmldefault.cnf file in the callManager server, and on the path (C:\ProgramFiles\Cisco\TFTPPath\ )??

Although I looked up the logs on the phone and show that it's looking for a missing configuration file.

Note that I'm testing with an IP Communicators and it's not exclusive on one phone but all new phones in general on different machines.

Appreciate the response.

Thanks.

Ahmed El-Eraky

AhmedEl-Eraky Thu, 03/06/2008 - 02:34

hello everyone,

I know it has been a long time but does anyone have any ideas regarding this....

really appreciate the response.

Thanks,

Ahmed El-Eraky

Actions

This Discussion