Reloading firmware onto Catalyst 2900xl switch

Answered Question

The software in my switch is corrupted. I am trying to load a new copy by following the directions in the manual. I entered in copy xmodem:flash:image_filename and it comes back copy [-b <buffer_size>] <src_file> <dst file>. And i have tried entering different varibles and changing the phrasing of the code, but i'm still comming up with the same result. It does not accept the download when i try sending the file via xmodem. The file name i have is c2900x1-c3h2s-tar.120-5.WC17

Thanks again for your help

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by everestm about 8 years 10 months ago

Here's the process I use when using XModem with 3560s, from what I remember:

copy xmodem: flash:

enter filename of file as it should appear in flash

important is the space between "xmodem:" and "flash:" I didn't see the space in your first example.

Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
everestm Mon, 01/14/2008 - 20:20

Here's the process I use when using XModem with 3560s, from what I remember:

copy xmodem: flash:

enter filename of file as it should appear in flash

important is the space between "xmodem:" and "flash:" I didn't see the space in your first example.

it did not prompt me for a file name. It said begin the Xmodem or Xmodem-1K transfer now.... and then it said permission denied.

I entered

switch: copy xmodem: flash

Ok, now upon edit, i got it working.

I will type it exactly as the display shows

switch: copy xmodem: flash:filename

do not leave a space between the colon of flash and the file name or it will say access denied. Also the file name that you are transferring must be identical to the file name you entered after the colon of flash.

Actions

This Discussion