Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN BRI call problem - URGENT

jgtheodor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have installed a cisco router 2801 (12.4) in my company's new branch. The primary link to HQ is a leased line 128 Kbps and there is an ISDN backup. Dialer watch has been configured as back solution. The primary link (leased line) is not ready for use, so the backup ISDN should come up. Unfortunately did not happen that. I collected some debug messages...Is that a Telco issues or router issue( there is another router 2801 with the same configuration which operate without problems).

Could anyone help???

Urgent!!!

Thanks in advance...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Which exact IOS do you have on the working router, and which one the one that does't work ?

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

you never receive any reply from the switch. Either there is a cabling problem to termination, or the circuit is faulty or inactive.

Hope this helps, please reate post if it does!

Hi,

I will check with the service provider adn i will inform you (and ofcourse rate the post). However it seems the line to be working fine because i can place calls from a telephone attached to the NT1 analog port.

Which exact IOS do you have on the working router, and which one the one that does't work ?

The working router has c3660-i-mz.123-24.bin (HQ router) and the new one branch router has the c2801-ibase-mz.124-1c.bin. Another 2801 in different branch has the c2801-ipbasek9-mz.124-3g.bin IOS Image and works fine with tha same configuration settings.

Thanks for your assistance in advance!

Hi,

suggest that you upgrade to 12.4(3)j just to be sure. Also check cabling again.

I have already checked the cabling but everything is ok. I have also opened a case in my Telco Provider to check the line again.

At last i will upgrade the router with the relevant IOS image and i will inform you for the results...

Hi all...I loaded the IOS Image c2801-ipbasek9-mz.124-3i.bin and everything seems to be fine....God save the Queen...

Thanks for your assistance...

Keep walking!!!

Good to know. Unfortunately ISDN is one of the buggiest components in IOS.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: