subnet calculator on this site.

Unanswered Question
Jan 13th, 2008

I've done a search but cant find anything t o help so I am asking the experts. I have download the subnet calculator but when I run the file all I get is a grey screen. What am i doing wrong.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Hi There

I don't know the subnet calculator application you mentioned above, but as most of this kind of application is Java based I would guess you may need to update or possibly downgrade your Java JRE on you PC/Laptop.

I would also recommend that you get used to working out subnets in you head or on paper and not come to rely on subnet calculators, as both for any certifiaction exams you might take and also for the real world, this is a required skill for a network admin/engineer and you will not always have a subnet claculator to hand.

Best Regards,

Michael

cheezehead Mon, 01/14/2008 - 08:36

Thanks for your reply Michael. I was going to use the calculator to practice subnetting in my head to check answers. This was recommended in the book from the cisco press. The calculator is on this prep site in the same location as the multiplayer games. I practiced subnetting all weekend but have run out of examples with answers to check my work. The calculator would help me get my speed down by checking my answers. I just cant get it to work.

Actions

This Discussion