Views
Helpful
Replies

%SPANTREE-7-PORTDEL_FAILNOTFOUND:

ney25
Level 2
Level 2

Hi NetPro,

i got this logs from the core-switch : %SPANTREE-7-PORTDEL_FAILNOTFOUND: 3/16 in vlan 130 not found (telnet145) . but, VLAN 130 still in the Core-switch .

i wonder what does this means.

your reply will be highly appreciated.

thanks.

regards,

Jack

5 Replies 5

williamwalla
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen this on Catos before, but it was normal and was to do with etherchannel it turns out- associated with the port coming up.

Is it causing problems

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jack,

I believe port 3/16 was configured for vlan 130 which is been removed now. Can you check the config for port 3/16 and update?

The message indicates a port was deleted from a VLAN via a telnet session. telnet145 is the telnet process ID.

You are seeing these messages because you have set the spantree logging level to 7 (which will generate informational messages). Default for spantree is 5 and can be changed using "set logging level spantree 5 default".

HTH

Ankur

*Pls rate all helpfull post

Hi Ankur,

yes, i configured spantree logging level to 7.

but, the Vlan 130 still in the interface fa 3/16. even i show vlan i still able to see vlan 130 in the vlan database.

any idea ?

thanks.

regards,

Jack

Hi Jack,

Did you login to this box using vlan 130? Is fa3/16 is the only interface configured for this vlan? Did anyone tried enabling or disabling this port or changing this port config?

Regards,

Ankur

Hi Ankur,

nope, that's why i wondering what happened and what went wrong.

thanks.

Jack

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: