Views
Helpful
Replies

%SPANTREE-7-PORTDEL_FAILNOTFOUND:

ney25
Level 2
Level 2

Hi NetPro,

i got this logs from the core-switch : %SPANTREE-7-PORTDEL_FAILNOTFOUND: 3/16 in vlan 130 not found (telnet145) . but, VLAN 130 still in the Core-switch .

i wonder what does this means.

your reply will be highly appreciated.

thanks.

regards,

Jack

5 Replies 5

williamwalla
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen this on Catos before, but it was normal and was to do with etherchannel it turns out- associated with the port coming up.

Is it causing problems

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jack,

I believe port 3/16 was configured for vlan 130 which is been removed now. Can you check the config for port 3/16 and update?

The message indicates a port was deleted from a VLAN via a telnet session. telnet145 is the telnet process ID.

You are seeing these messages because you have set the spantree logging level to 7 (which will generate informational messages). Default for spantree is 5 and can be changed using "set logging level spantree 5 default".

HTH

Ankur

*Pls rate all helpfull post

Hi Ankur,

yes, i configured spantree logging level to 7.

but, the Vlan 130 still in the interface fa 3/16. even i show vlan i still able to see vlan 130 in the vlan database.

any idea ?

thanks.

regards,

Jack

Hi Jack,

Did you login to this box using vlan 130? Is fa3/16 is the only interface configured for this vlan? Did anyone tried enabling or disabling this port or changing this port config?

Regards,

Ankur

Hi Ankur,

nope, that's why i wondering what happened and what went wrong.

thanks.

Jack

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card