cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2801 Transcoding issue

gregwoodson
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2801 using the c2801-ipvoicek9-mz.124-15.T1.bin image. I need to find out if we can take a call initiated from a Faxback server the supports t.38 faxing, setup the call and transcode the t.38 media SIP to SIP. So both legs of the call are SIP and the far end does not support t.38. Can we have the 2801 transcode t.38 between the 2 endpoints. The dial-peer in question is 300 and it matches to dial-peer 9901

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, for IP to IP calls you certainly need an _ivs image, that is not the one you are currently running.

However, I'm not sure (and in some way I doubt) that fax T.38 to in-band VoIP is supported.

what exactly is an _ivs image? How can we test to see if that feature is supported?

Is an image that supports IP to IP calls, h.323 gatekeeper and other "advanced" voice features. Also referred as Border Element. Search for these terms and you will find all the details.

Is there a specific version of code that is indeed that Unified Border Element? Im having trouble finding that in the documentation..

We are currently making ip to ip calls on this box currently- not sure if the feature set is absolutely correct.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: