Views
Helpful
Replies

AC Error -- Failed to transfer the call due to Internal Error

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

I have a client with CCM 4.1(3)SR5d and now and then, they are unable to transfer calls with Attendant Console. They get a error dialog that saids "Failed to transfer the call due to Internal Error".

They have no Unity or VM system, and the transfers are being done by other users who transfer the call back to the them. They are the operator desk so get the calls and people send them calls which they transfer back to other people in the organization.

The users get the call, then press transfer softkey, then 0, then transfer softkey right away not waiting for the other person to pick up. 0 goes to the operator. The operator gets the call all the time, but the problem transfer shows up as "Conference" on their AC display then when they go to transfer that call they get the error message window in AC.

Most of the times, on calls transferred to the operator they show up with persons name and not "Conference" but sometimes they show up as "Conference" and these ones are the ones that sometimes fail to transfer. I have been to the client site and was able to have a transferred call show up as "Conference" in AC but not get the error to happen while I was there. I do not understand where the "Conference" is coming from in AC as the users and I used the transfer softkey when it happens.

4 Replies 4

hadbou
Level 5
Level 5

Looks like Bug - CSCeg01652

hadbou, please stop posting random answers or obscure bugs.

This is what I get when I plug that Bug ID in. Could it be related?

CSCeg01652 has been superseded by CSCef78941 displayed below.

CSCef78941 Bug Details

Information contained within bug ID CSCef78941 is only available to Cisco employees. It is our policy to make all externally-facing bugs available in Bug Toolkit so the system administrators have been automatically alerted to the problem. By choosing to save this bug, you may be notified when the decision to make this bug available to you has been made. Note: Some product enhancement requests and documentation error bugs may not be available in Bug Toolkit.

an interesting thread about the same issue and some solution you can try:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/cisco/voip/78627

on cisco site there is a mention of that error but no workaround suggested:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmac/1_1_3/english/user/guide/ac_8_eng.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: