Views
Helpful
Replies

SFP-OC3 issue

Tahir Ali
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I am having a problem with my GSR 12006 routers. When I insert SFP-OC3-SR modules in my SPA-4xOC3-POS-v2 slots i get the following message:

sh ip int | include POS

POS0/0/0 10.124.144.106 YES NVRAM SFP security failure down

When I insert the modules in my spa then the following error occurs

SLOT 0:*Jan 11 11:08:56.435 PST: %TRANSCEIVER-6-INSERTED: transceiver module inserted in POS0/0/3

SLOT 0:*Jan 11 11:08:57.055 PST: %MSG_POS_OC3_OC12_SPA-3-XCVR_RATE_NOTSUPPORTED: 4xOC3 POS SPA (slot 0; bay 0) Tranceiver rate not supported on the SPA.

SLOT 0:*Jan 11 11:08:57.055 PST: %TRANSCEIVER-3-INIT_FAILURE: Detected for transceiver module in POS0/0/3, module disabled

I have tried everything, and this is the case with both of my GSR routers and SPA module in them, i have tried 4 SFP-oc3 modules but all of them showed the Security failure message. Any idea? Also one thing to note is that I have previously done a similar deployment for some other region and everything was fi9.

2 Replies 2

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

Power down and reseat the module. An initialization failure occurred for the transceiver module for the specified interface.

Thanks ,,,Well I did it obviously , but the case is with all the 4 SFPs I am inserting and both of the routers.I didnt find any help in Cisco regarding this except that they say that it might be hardware, firmarware or software failure.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco