Corporate Directory is not Visible in 7940 and 7941 phones

Unanswered Question
Jan 14th, 2008

Hi,

In my setup I have two call manager cluster.My requirement was to use the single publisher IP as the directory URL in both the clusters. When I give the remote Publisher IP as the directory url the Corporate directory is not visible on the 7940 and 7941 series IP phones but it it is working for the 7961 series IP phone. When I put the local publisher as the directory url it is working on all series of IP phones.

The call manager version is 4.1.3 on both the clusters.

Thanks,

Vinay

I have this problem too.
0 votes
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Loading.
smahbub Tue, 01/22/2008 - 07:31

If you have restarted the TFTP service, rebooted the phones and there are still no .cnf.xml or xml files, than go to the same CCM Admin page > Service > Service Paramaters > choose Cisco TFTP > click Advanced > Build CNF Files > Build all > restart TFTP > reset phones.

dennisbehrens Tue, 01/22/2008 - 17:37

Vinay,

It sounds like you have a two cluster call manager system. Unfortunately, you cannot let a phone registered to cluster A use the directory URL of cluster B. The directory ASP files look at the source of the HTTP request. If it finds that it's a Cisco phone, it will look in it's database and find the Locale that is configured for the phone. If the phone is not in the database, it will send an error.

There are two work-arounds:

1) Configure all phones that need directory access from Cluster A on the Cluster B servers (not a very viable option).

2) Modify the ASP files to default to English if the phone's not in the database. I will attach a modified file. (Replace C:\CiscoWebs\IPPhoneServices\CCMCIP\_top.asp)

Hope this helps.

Dennis

Attachment: 
veselin Wed, 02/06/2008 - 07:14

The _top.asp file that dennisbehrens shared is helpful, but when I copied it in \\CM\c$\CiscoWebs\IPPhoneServices\CCMCIP - Corporate Directory said "Parse Error"

I had a bit different problem, but wanted to share the solution. I have phones registered to my CME router to use the directory from my Callmanager. I used the url directories from the CM http://x.x.x.x/CCMCIP/xmldirectory.asp On the Callmanager phones I have Corporate Directory, but on the CME phones I only have Received/Placed/Missed and not Corp Directory.

So I found out that if you just replace these lines in the original _top.asp:

catch(err) {

Response.Write("An error occurred and was logged. ("+name+").");

Response.AppendToLog("Error while searching DBLX for device information ("+name+"):" + err.description);

Response.End;

}

with these:

catch(err) {

locale = "English_United_States";

model = "Cisco 7960";

}

Solves the problem :) And I have no more "An error occurred and was logged" error message on the CME phones.

dennisbehrens Wed, 02/06/2008 - 07:18

I'm glad that was helpful. My modified code was doing exactly what you stated. You must be running a slightly different version of Call Manager than my lab system.

Good work!

Actions

This Discussion