Views
Helpful
Replies

CM 5.1(3) Disaster Recovery System Question

brugmanjorge
Level 1
Level 1

Folks

I have installed a new system with a burnt DVD (originals were not shipped and was taking too much time) provided by the local cisco office.

I installed CM 5.1.3.1000-9 and patched it during installation and now is running CM 5.1.3.1000-12.

Everything seems to be fine except for something that i saw under the Disaster Recovery system. In there the only feature available for backing up is CCM.

However in the DRS documentation, it says that CDR_CAR is an option too but it is not showing up on my server.

The reason can be either the installation had errors and didn't installed correctly the DRS or maybe CAR must be configured first and database gets populated first so that CDR_CAR appears as a backup option.

Has anybody made a fresh install of CM 5.1(3) and got the same? Does CDR_CAR to be an option under DRS need that CDR gets populated first?

Regards, JB

3 Replies 3

kinfai.cheong
Level 1
Level 1

I actually did a upgrade from 5.1(2) to 5.1(3) and have the same problem.

I have logged a TAC case, according to TAC engineer the CDR_CAR option is not available. The CCM option already include the CDR backup inside.

HTH

islam.irshaid
Level 1
Level 1

me too, i did Upgrade to 5.1.3

and i faced the same issue !!!

anyone can help us

As mentioned in the above post, as of 5.1.3 there is no longer an option to backup CDR separately, it's part of the CCM backup now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: