Unable to chain two "voice TCL" scripts

Unanswered Question
Jan 14th, 2008

Hi all,

I created a TCL script which is geting the call, playing a wave file and route the call to the destination on a callmanager's cluster. If i use it on a Pots dial-peer, it is working good.

If i use it on a voip dial-peer it is working good but if i try to use the pots first, to redirect the IP phone to the phone number of the second dial-peer it is failing. I configured the G711µlaw codec.

Any idea?

Best Regards

Eric

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Paolo Bevilacqua Mon, 01/14/2008 - 09:33

Hi Eric,

Call setup in TCL is a "delicate" matter. Ar you using leg setup or handoff ? And what is the other TCL script you mentioned ?

echaubet Mon, 01/14/2008 - 09:38

Hi Paolo

I use the Leg Setup method. Both scripts are the same, i only configured it on separate routers.

I done a CCAPI inout debug and found the error:

*Jan 14 17:06:45.651: //50454/009E7CBED810/CCAPI/cc_api_get_ssCTreRoutingNotSupported

You can find attached the TCL scritp i use.

thank you for your help.

Paolo Bevilacqua Mon, 01/14/2008 - 10:11

Ok, even before looking at the script, does the call comes in via pots or voip?

Can you please describe very exactly the call flow and the desired re-routing.

echaubet Mon, 01/14/2008 - 12:54

Sorry, i forgot to mention that:

Call is comming from pots dial-peer, the TCL trigger is on the incoming pots dial-peer. The TCL play the prompt, then the call is routed to the Callmanager. The CCM route the call to the phone but because of a Call Forward All, the call is routed to another GW using the same TCL script. The second TCL script is triggered on the incoming voip dial-peer.

If i test each TCL script seperatly, it is Ok but if i configure the CFA it is a failure.

I tried with a CFNoA and it is working.

It looks like a TCL limitation.

In the Cisco IOS Tcl IVR and VoiceXML Application Guide it is written:

- "When Tcl 2.0 or VoiceXML applications transfer calls to a telephone number, the outbound dial peer can specify a Tcl 2.0 or VoiceXML application to accept the transfer"

and

"Transfer (and handoff) to or from the default application is not supported".

Any idea?

Paolo Bevilacqua Mon, 01/14/2008 - 13:11

OK. So:

pots -> script1 -> CM CFAll -> script2 -> pots

does not work but

pots -> script1 -> CM CFNoA -> script2 -> pots

works, correct ?

Also I suppose script 1 and 2 are actually the same script invoked as a different service and parameters.

If so, it's strange. The only difference should be the redirect reason of the incoming call leg to script2. I suggest you make a debug print of all applicable parameters, and possibly a debug voip dialpeer too.

I don't think the statement mentioned does apply as you are not even doing a proper transfer, just a fresh leg setup.

The second statement is even false because handoff to default application is exactly what B-ACD/AA does for dial-by-extension.

Actions

This Discussion