cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MenuItem pointing to another Menu. Is this possible?

sullyb007
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to send a complete XML object to a phone that will contain an initial menu where its menu items point to another menu where those menu items contain the URL back to the server.

Menu

|_ Menu Item

|_ Menu

|_ Menu Item w/ URL

|_ Menu Item ...

When the user selects the first menu item, I would like to display the next menu and list of menu items without having to go back to the server and having it send down again.

Is it possible to embed a CiscoIPPhoneMenu within a MenuItem so I only have to send the xml one time?

Thanks for any help.

Brian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mike-1985
Level 1
Level 1

Nope... that is not possible!

You can only send one type of XML object (CiscoIPPhoneImage / CiscoIPPhoneMenu / etc...) each time. So when a user selects a MenuItem the server sends back an other CiscoIPPhoneMenu object. This doesn't take that much time about 0.3sec

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mike-1985
Level 1
Level 1

Nope... that is not possible!

You can only send one type of XML object (CiscoIPPhoneImage / CiscoIPPhoneMenu / etc...) each time. So when a user selects a MenuItem the server sends back an other CiscoIPPhoneMenu object. This doesn't take that much time about 0.3sec

Thanks Mike, I was afraid that was going to be the answer.

It's really not a issue of time; the problem is that I'm going to be sending an initial menu from one program, and the response from the phone will be going to a different program. That wouldn't be a problem if the ever changing sub menus weren't involved. Time to rethink the architecture.

Thanks again,

Brian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: