cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager 6.0 BE & CallConnect

richb1971
Level 4
Level 4

Got incomging calls going to remote destinations but cannot pick up calls from IP phone using 'Mobility' softkey. Will this work with MGCP or does it need H.323 (like Mobile Voice Access)??

Thanks

8 Replies 8

tony.hanson
Level 1
Level 1

You can use MGCP for Mobility Connect. I have this working with CCM6. I'm not using the Mobile Voice Access, just the Mobility Connect piece.

Another thing I just noticed, you said that your using the Mobility key when on your Cell Phone? From what I understand is that the line should show a Red status and all you do is press the ine and it will resume the call. The Mobility key is when you answer the phone with your IP phone and you want to resume the call with your cell, then you press the Mobility softkey and it will call your cell phone. I don't remember pressing the Mobility key when resuming the call on my IP phone from my cell phone. Verify that you have CSS setup in your Destination profile.

Cheers Tony-Thats helps a lot. I'm getting confused with Mobility and MobileConnect. The error message on IP Phone I'm getting is "MobileConnect Off You are not a valid Mobile Phone User"????

I am having the same issue...

I also had the same issue so I then opened TAC case and Cisco found was that when your using the Mobility softkey, do not use it on the line, use it in the softkey template under connected. Remember that this softkey is for when you answer the call with your IP phone and then want to take it over with your cell phone. So you need to have it in the connect part of the template and then press it and it will call your cell phone. As for connecting from a cell phone to an IP phone, it should have a red light on the line, remember that 7940 or 7960 are not supported.

The other thing he did was delete the Remote destination and recreated it, I named it TEST-CALL, and he removed the -, I'm not sure if that was the issue though.

Some other things to look at:

- verify CSS in Remote Destination Profile is set

- the user has it enabled - I'm sure you do

- In Remote Destination, check the line association

Good Luck

Excellent info, I will give it all a try tomorrow.

I'm still getting error message:

MobileConnect Off You are not a valid Mobile Phone User"

I was getting this error until i added the Owner User ID under the phone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: