Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forward with Caller ID

nremmer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We have been asked by a customer if it is possible to forward a call using call forward all, and still display the original caller id.

Basically the system forwards all calls after hours to a mobile. But the customer wants the caller's number to display on the mobile. Is this possible?

They are using a new Cisco UC500 series.

Many Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

No, generally it's not possible, because telco doesn't accept arbitrary numbers as calling.

Otherwise, it would be possible for anybody, to originate calls pretending to be someone else, for prank or malice, obviously this is not safe.

I said generally because some telcos in the US, for PRI customers, don't care about which calling number is used, and send it unchanged.

Hope this helps, please rate post if i does!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

No, generally it's not possible, because telco doesn't accept arbitrary numbers as calling.

Otherwise, it would be possible for anybody, to originate calls pretending to be someone else, for prank or malice, obviously this is not safe.

I said generally because some telcos in the US, for PRI customers, don't care about which calling number is used, and send it unchanged.

Hope this helps, please rate post if i does!

I don't know if this is possible on a UC500, but in my experience, it is usually able to specify any valid caller ID on a PRI.  At least as far as I've seen, on a PRI they are not concerned with your spoofing Caller ID.

Brett Gustafson wrote:

I don't know if this is possible on a UC500, but in my experience, it is usually able to specify any valid caller ID on a PRI.  At least as far as I've seen, on a PRI they are not concerned with your spoofing Caller ID.

That is true in the US, but not in other countries. And even in the US, is not allowed anymore on most SIP trunks.

Paolo, is this statement still valid?

My provider allows me to send whatever callerID I want to PSTN.

However, even though I'm not able to send the originator callerID back to PSTN via CFW in H323 GW.

Let me know if you can point me out to the right direction.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: