cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME 4.0.3

tchumbley22
Level 1
Level 1

I have several device that show up in the config editor area as "Black" where I can not select them. This is also stopping archiving of the config. I am seeing this problem start when I deleted the devices and then reentered them and this is what I get. Please help!

10 Replies 10

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

RME 4.0.3 is quite old, and lacks a lot of device support found in the latest RME 4.0 (4.0.6). Exactly what devices are not selectable? What are their sysObjectIDs?

Everytime I try and do an SNMP walk on the device with SysObID I get this response, no object ID found for this device. There is also a device alert for these devices. There are 19 devices and they are a mixture of 3750G and regular 3750TS. The devices are in CS I can get to them from the Device Center however any other RME app will not work.

These are not new imported devices. I was having an issue with Cisco Works sending authentication errors for these devices so I deleted them from CS and then reentered them and then they showed up black once I tried to do another sync archive on them.

if you do the snmpwalk verify that you use 'sysObjectID' and not 'SysObID' or anything else.

If you get authentication errors for some devices, double check the snmp settings for these devices. Check what is configured on the device (SNMP read and write) and reenter this for these devices in DCR (Common Services > Device Management)

O.K., I have verified OID they are .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.516 for 3750 stack. I have verified that snmp strings are correct and did a device credential verification report, all check out good. I still can not do a sync archive nor can I change any of the configs utilizing the RME application. Could the RME database be corrupt? Do you really think the updates will fix this issue? They were working before now they are not, it has to be something within the file of RME, I just don't know what that would be. Thanks!

Please post the dcmaclient.log and dcmaservice.log.

Here are the files you requested. Thank you!

I can only get the client log uploaded because of size I will repost with the other files.

Here is the service log.

Please post the NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/logs/stdout.log.

Here is the stdout.log file zipped up in a folder.

I don't see any errors here, so you must be genuinely missing the needed device package. Go to Common Services > Software Center > Device Update, and click on the number next to Resource Manager Essentials. Type in the sysObjectID of this stack (without the leading .) and see if you have the necessary package installed. If not, you will need to perform a device update from Cisco.com.

That said, you should seriously consider upgrading to LMS 2.6 which is freely downloadable from Cisco.com at http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/lms26 .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: