cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CM - Topology Filter "PoE Devices" is not showing the correct devices.

jmartinsen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

What is the criteria for devices to be highlighted when you select the Topology Filter "PoE Devices" in the Network topology view in CM ?

Is it on device type or does the device need to respond on MIB queries on the POWER-ETHERNET-MIB ?

I have devices that don't have PoE, but they are highlight when I select the Topology Filter "PoE Devices" and I also have an 3560 that doesn't get highlighted (and it has PoE).

If I try to configure PoE on the 3560 from CiscoView, CiscoView has no problem with seeing it as an PoE Devices.

Can someone tell me how the Topology Filter "PoE Devices" are selecting devices ?

Best regards

John

4 Replies 4

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

3560 PoE devices are appearing in Topology Services when the filter for PoE Capable Devices is enabled. POE Devices heading in topo filter can be changed to PoE Devices

The following link will help you

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_campus_manager/5.0/user/guide/topo.html#wp1043413

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The PoE filter is based on device type. The list of types are stored in NMSROOT/campus/main/filters/POECapableDeviceTypes.properties. These types correspond to the label type you see in Campus Manager.

Hello,

the customer has the same problem:-( He doesn't see the 2960 PoE with filter enabled in the topology view:-( I cann't to find your file:

POECapableDeviceTypes.properties

In the campus folder are following folders: bin, etc, lib and www.

Thank you

Roman

Please start a new thread for your issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco