cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mapping PSTN calls through FXO Ports

peternnaji
Level 1
Level 1

I have two 4FXO cards (ports 2/0, 2/1, 2/2, 2/3, 3/0, 3/1, 3/2 & 3/3) on my 1756 router. I also have 7 IP Phones with extensions 1001, 1002, 1003, 1004, 1006, 1016 & 1023.

• I want IP Phones 1001 and 1023 to be able to make and receive calls through “port 3/2 only”;

• I also want IP Phones 1003 and 1006 to be able to make and receive calls through “ports 3/0 only”;

• I want only IP Phone 1004 to be able to make and receive calls through “port 3/1 only”;

• I want IP Phone 1016 to be able to make and receive calls through “ports 2/0, 2/1, 2/2 and 2/3 only”

Attached is my running configuration. I'll appreciate a quick help.

5 Replies 5

dbenattou
Level 1
Level 1

What the document above doesn't mention, is the use of trunk groups, that can be combined with the "answer address". Basically, after you place the port in trunk-group (only one trunk group can be used per port), on the outgoing DP you will reference this TG instead of the port.

This will reduce the number of DP and simplify the configuration.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

hello,

But the "answer address" can help to mapping outbound calls to anlog FXO ports.

Yes, as I said answer address and trunk group can be combined.

However with CME recent version, the easier is to use "trunk" under ephone-dn. This will eliminate the need for answer address. However, because the trunk digits are placed for each and any call, either you use it a a second button to be used for external calls only, or strip the digits via translation-rule. So in some sense it gets complicated again.

nicanor00
Level 1
Level 1

Hi peternnaji

Have you resolv your problem

Please how do you do it ?

Regards

Nic

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: