cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Loadbalancing ldaps on ACE module

afef.slim
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to configure loadbalancing of ldaps with end-to-end mode (encryption from end to end) on ACE module ?

And if yes, do i have to use a special script for health checking ?

3 Replies 3

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

I have not come across Lodabalacing of LDAPs on ACE module. But it is planned to be suppored in future.

But what about ldaps termination (ldaps between clients and the ACE and in clear between ACE and servers)on the ACE box, is it supported ?

danger_mousie
Level 1
Level 1

Please correct me if this is wrong or bad design: I have ldaps running just by permitting the port in the ACLs and VIP class. Customer says it works fine.

I'm sure you're aware of the health probe scripts you can get from Cisco (attached). This script defaults to ldap port (386) if none is specified. So you can specify the port under the "probe scripted LDAP_PROBE" config to use ldaps (636). Perhaps you should use both scripted probes together so that if one port is unavailable the server will be taken out of service.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: