Views
Helpful
Replies

SSH access from LMS2.6.1 problem

agipkcolon
Level 1
Level 1

we are moving from telnet to ssh.

Upgraded IOS, configured domain name, generated rsa keys, mostly of the devices are accessbile from RME by SSH. But some of them cannot be accessed.

The strange thing is that I can access these devices with SecureCRT by SSH and LMS can't..

I compared good and problem devices identities. The only difference was that there was not configured domain name for problem devices in LMS DCR. But even after I updated domain name it is still not accessible by SSH.

The config of the devices is same. I tried both versions of SSH.

Here is the error message, but it does not give much information.

*** Device Details for nldhswa22 ***

Protocol ==> Unknown / Not Applicable

CM0151 PRIMARY STARTUP Config fetch failed for nldhswa22 Cause: Could not detect protocols running on the device Action: Check if protocol is supported by device and required device package is installed. Check device credentials. Increase timeout value, if required.CM0151 PRIMARY RUNNING Config fetch failed for nldhswa22 Cause: Could not detect protocols running on the device Action: Check if protocol is supported by device and required device package is installed. Check device credentials. Increase timeout value, if required.CM0151 VLAN RUNNING Config fetch failed for nldhswa22 Cause: Could not detect protocols running on the device Action: Check if protocol is supported by device and required device package is installed. Check device credentials. Increase timeout value, if required. ************************

I have no clue where to look at. Help please :)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When did you download the RME 4.0.6 update? There was a bug in the initial posting of 4.0.6 that would cause this problem. The bug is CSCsl52476, and the fix is to re-download and reinstall the RME 4.0.6 update.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When did you download the RME 4.0.6 update? There was a bug in the initial posting of 4.0.6 that would cause this problem. The bug is CSCsl52476, and the fix is to re-download and reinstall the RME 4.0.6 update.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: