cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wasteful Cisco *tsk *tsk

syriusblack
Level 1
Level 1

Im realitivly new to all of this. Been doing networking for about 5 years but just got into the civilian side.

WOW does Cisco realize the size of boxes they send to the customers? We got some call manager software and some Swx upgrade software today, in 15 boxes, each about 1.5 feet square. They were packed with bubble wrap (or whatever you call it) with a small box of CDs and manuals at the bottom. what a waste.

And how aobut those blue cables? (console cables). The company I work for I would consider average in size and we have about 80 of those blam blue cables.!

do any of you feel the same way about Cisco's wasteful behavior?

I applaud cisco for using recycled material but please use the right sized box for the job. And Please! include a checkbox for whether or not you need another freaking console cable.

1 Reply 1

Danilo Dy
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yup.

When I was working with Sun Systems. When they deliver the system, they always send a lot of documents. For every module there is a document (even a little bolt) and take note that each documentl is written in diferent language (English, Chinese, German, etc..). They should have a language for you to choose and only send the document for that language. In most cases, nobody even read those manuals as people who setup the system are trained professionals. I think the courier is very happy with those additional load :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card