cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrate 7960 to 7961

Whammer275
Level 1
Level 1

We have 350 7960 phones that need to be migrated to newly purchased 7961 phones. I am trying to use that BAT tool to Export my existing phones and then import them in. The problem I am running into is that the data does not line up perfectly, I have to make adjustments on each import, as well for my customers that are have multiple line, and I have many, I can not get the data to line up at all. If anyone has a template or a better way of doing this, I would greatly appreciate it. I have 30 days to roll out these phones.

2 Replies 2

ecornwell
Level 2
Level 2

There is a BAT Template creation tool that you can use. (It is an excel file.) That might help a little. You might be able to open the exported file in excel and create a new template file then move the data around as needed.

Thanks for the reply. I think I figured out that bringing the data into Excel was some how add extra information. I just tested exporting then using Notepad to edit the data and then importing the data in, and the phones are coming up fine now.

Thank you for your reply.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: