cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3745 ROMMON

brian.stamper
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have a 3745 router that I am going to be repurposing and its running the 12.3(6r) rommon. I'm seeing in the download section that the 12.2(8r)T is available and the document @ http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/2600/hardware/notes/piperrom.html shows how to do the upgrade. I've attempted to download the new ROMMON per the referenced article. I do get to the last spot where the router reboots into rommon...but now what. If i try to boot the image it sees in flash it fails? If i fall back to the 12.3(6r) it works fine. Can anyone tell me if i really need to worry about this or are there steps missing that I need to perform?

4 Replies 4

Danilo Dy
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

What's the objective of downgrading the ROMMON from 12.3(6r) to 12.2(8r)T? 12.3(6r) is the ROMMON for 3745 that support 512MB RAM (previously 3745 can support only maximum of 256MB).

Maybe because the 12.2(8r)T ROMMON does not support the IOS you are trying to boot from FLASH? Put a "T" train IOS Releases in your FLASH as this are the supported IOS of 12.2(8r)T ROMMON. I guess...

Regards,

Dandy

My goal is to have this router running CME. Right now I have loaded c3745-adventerprisek9-mz.124-11.XW5.bin which I would think is the latest CME ios running 4.2. At least it appears that way. The router boots and loads the IOS fine. When I enable telephony the phones just get registration rejected for some reason. Not sure why. this somewhat goes out of the relm of this question but I somewhat assumed that it might be due to the ROMMON version. However, i don't have proof to support that. Should CME work the way I have it setup?

Hi,

no, registration problems with CME are not due to rommon. Try a minimal configuration, then you have to enable debug if still trouble.

Great!! My config was about as minimal as I can get. If i drop back to an ios running CME 3.3 everything works fine. I'll upgrade again and do the debug to see what I see.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: