Next stop CCNP

Unanswered Question
Jan 15th, 2008

I just became a CCNA, and want to continue on to CCNP with the ulimate goal of becoming a CCIE - Routing and Switching. I'm looking for ideas on the next step towards CCNP; books, online training, etc. Any input is much appreciated.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
dbeare Tue, 01/15/2008 - 12:38

The next step towards the CCNP is the BSCI and BCMSN certifications. Which one you do first depends on if you want to study routing or switching. I am currently working on my BSCI, as I plan to go to CCIP route, but will probably do the BCMSN as well. I highly recommend the Cisco Self-Study Guides to start with, the BSCI one is fantastic. The only thing that it lacks is an electronic version of the book that you can take anywhere. It comes with a 45 day pass to the Safari Press version, but it does irk me that they don't give you a PDF version of it as well. I've also had it recommended to me to pick up the CCIE books for TCP/IP, as they contain a wealth of information that will help with these test. Best of luck!

jesusponce Wed, 02/20/2008 - 20:58

Hi...

I am very disappointed, I have already submitted 6 times the examn 642-901 bsci exam and i can not get pass, my score is above 750 but I fail to reach the minimum. I did The ccna in the second chance, I have already studied cbt nuggets, testking, pass4sure, ciscopress, & trainsignal without get pass. I begin to think that is imposible pass the new version. I do not what to do. I do not know what is the secret to get pass. if you have new tips, i would apreciate it. see you

Actions

This Discussion