cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Report to show extensions never used

j.mccartney
Level 1
Level 1

I'm starting to run low on available extensions in my CCM 4.2(3) and wanted to know if there is a report that will tell me if an extension was ever used or not?

TIA.

John

6 Replies 6

btmulgrew
Level 4
Level 4

Hi John - you can run CDR Search for extensions using details below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/4_2_3/ccmsrva/sacar6.html

Cheers

Brian

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi John,

Hope all is well with you!

Here is a method to list all the DN's (Used and Unused) in CCM;

Route Plan Report

The route plan report lists all assigned and unassigned directory numbers (DN), call park numbers, call pickup numbers, conference numbers, route patterns, translation patterns, message-waiting indicators, voice mail ports, and Cisco CallManager Attendant Console pilot numbers in the system. The route plan report allows you to view either a partial or full list and to go directly to the associated configuration windows by clicking the Pattern/Directory Number, Partition, or Route Detail fields.

In addition, the route plan report allows you to save report data into a .csv file that you can import into other applications. The .csv file contains more detailed information than the web pages, including directory numbers for phones, route patterns, pattern usage, device name, and device description.

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008037e9ab.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob!

I will look at this again. I think I ran this a while before but I couldn't find out if a user had logged in recently is really what I'm after. I'm trying to findout if an assigned ext has had no activity (ie: never logged in or used) so I can free them up for some new users that are coming into my facility soon. I will give this a look again. Thanks as always.

Hi John,

Sorry, I don't think this report is going to help you at all :( And I don't know of any "canned" report that will. This will entail some serious detective work on your part. The only place that is going to show Login/Logout activity is in the EM Trace Files. So if you suspect that a user is not making use of a DN, you will have to look here.

Locate the Cisco CallManager Extension Mobility application trace files at:

C:\ProgramFiles\Cisco\Trace\EMApp

Or like suggested you might be better off looking in CDR/Art for calling patterns associated with the "suspect" DN's.

Hope this helps!

Rob

I am not sure if this is of any help...Does unity have some user activity reports though, but it doesnt necessarily tell whether the user is using particular phone or something else.

I did run a report off Unity but as you stated it doesn't tell you the last time a user logged in. That's my dilema - Thanks to all who responded.

John

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: