cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX 501 VPN

as1207dc01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I just got my PIX configured based on the clear/great instruction I have recieved from one of you this morning. Now, I am trying to set up VPN, I looked at Cisco site (http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/prod_configuration_examples_list.html#anchor14) but could not figure out which one I need to follow. Would you please send me the instruction or link to set up vpn? By the way, I don't have the vpn client to test my vpn, how do I get that? As you can understand from my question I am new to cisco gears...thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pjhenriqs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am guessing that you need one of these two VPNs.

- Remote access VPN: where remote users can use Cisco VPN client to access the company resources

- Site-to-site VPN: where two IPSEC capable devices establish a VPN tunnel, allowing internal LANs from different endpoints (offices) to communicate.

You can find both examples on the url you gave.

If it's remote access, I would look at

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a0080702992.shtml

And then look also at how to configure split tunneling, so the user at home can access the corporate resources AND the Internet.

For the site-to-site VPN, it depends if your other device is a PIX/ASA or a Router.

Hope it helps,

Paulo

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

pjhenriqs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am guessing that you need one of these two VPNs.

- Remote access VPN: where remote users can use Cisco VPN client to access the company resources

- Site-to-site VPN: where two IPSEC capable devices establish a VPN tunnel, allowing internal LANs from different endpoints (offices) to communicate.

You can find both examples on the url you gave.

If it's remote access, I would look at

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a0080702992.shtml

And then look also at how to configure split tunneling, so the user at home can access the corporate resources AND the Internet.

For the site-to-site VPN, it depends if your other device is a PIX/ASA or a Router.

Hope it helps,

Paulo

ok, configuration is complete. How do you help me find Cisco vpn client to test my configuration? .... Thank you for your help.

The Cisco VPN Client is available on the Cisco website to download. Just search for "Software Download" and it should come up. I believe the category where to find the software should be "VPN" or "Security" (i don't remember exactly).

Regards,

Paulo

well, it has a lock on it. I think I need to have smartnet account. It seems I am stuck.

Try to do a Google on it. A client of mine tells me that's how he obtained his.

I got some info from google, I made some sucess but still working on it/frustrated!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: