Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

automatic backup

is there a way to set the pix to do automatic backups of the configuration to a TFTP server!

5 Replies 5

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Not that I am aware of, but you may have a 3rd party app do it for you on a daily basis. For example I use CAT-Tools for daily PIX/ASA config backups, you may check it out at bellow link.

http://www.kiwisyslog.com/kiwi-cattools-overview/

Rgds

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

I can also vouch for the CatTools utility. Once you set up your various devices with the appropriate connection information (IP, SSH or telnet, passwords, etc) it is VERY simple to set up manual or scheduled jobs that go out and collect copies of the current configuration. There is a freeware version of the utility, but it is limited to a total of about 10 devices in the database.

avtechs19
Level 1
Level 1

You can use autoexpect. I do this for my switch backups.

jason

what us autoexcept?

autoexpect is a recorder for expect.

Expect is a tool primarily for automating interactive applications such as telnet, ftp.

It comes default on most if not all linux flavors. Examples of its use can be found by googling around for 'expect'.

jason

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card