I have a Cisco 2620xm router running c2600-advsecurityk9-mz.124-12 IOS.
-FastEthernet 0/0 is WAN
-FastEthernet 1/0 is LAN
1) Can the interfaces be configured with different hostnames...it seems that it will only see the hostname I enter.
2) DNS servers....I configure 1/0 with my LAN DNS servers.....when I try to set-up 0/0 to only see the ISP DNS servers it still sees the LAN DNS servers.
3)Domain name...I setup the LAN as xxx.abc.com...... I tried to setup the WAN as abc.com but again it does not seem possible.
Any help or suggestions...please are welcome.
To answer your questions:
1) interfaces do not have host names in IOS. The router has a single host name.
If we knew what you were trying to achieve with this we might be able to suggest alternatives that might accomplish your objective. But the router has a single host name.
2) The configuration of DNS servers for the router is global. There is not any specification that a particular DNS server is only accessed for certain interfaces.
3) The domain name is a single domain name that is global for the router.
Again if we knew what you were trying to accomplish we might be able to suggest alternatives.