cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Campus Manager Data Collection

mafinnerty
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, my campus manager has 188 discovered devices, but only 98 devices appear in the Data Collection.

Why the difference? Does it only collect on Layer2 devices (mostly routers are missing)

I've run manual and scheduled Data Collections but no success :-)

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

While the Discovery numbers list all devices that were found (reachable or otherwise) only reachable devices are sent to DCR, and thus available for Data Collection. So for the missing 90 devices, make sure they are all reachable, and showing up within DCR.

Yep, all reachable. I purged the ANI database, rediscovered the 188 devices again, re-ran the Data Collection and now it only find 17 devices! So I'm going backwards.

Are all 188 devices in DCR? Is LMS integrated with ACS? What version of Campus Manager are you using? Do you have any Data Collection filters configured?

Hi,

I got the same problem. Installed LMS3.0 + Dec Update this week on a test server.

CS discovered 507 devices and stored them correct in DCR using default credentials (I checked DCR export).

Just some loopback interfaces had been wrong discovered as 127.0.0.x (maybe other problem).

CM data collection just shows 110 devices. Most of our 6500 distribution switches are missing, so I got a lot of "unconnected devices".

For AAA mode I'm using Tacacs+.

While the symptoms might be the same, the cause may be very different. Please start a new thread for your problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco