CCDP required exams when i am CCIE R&S

Unanswered Question
Jan 16th, 2008

Hallo,

i am CCIE since a very long time and i am iterested in CCDP.

The time where i have passed the CCIE there was no CCNA available.

So i saw that CCNA is requiered for CCDP.

So my question is now: Does i hvae to take the CCNA exam also when i am CCIE? I dont think so but i am not shure.

The other question what i have:

Can i take direkt the three or two CCDP exams or does i have to take at first the CCDA exams?

regards

Karlheinz

Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
Danilo Dy Wed, 01/16/2008 - 05:44

Hi,

If you look at this link http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le37/le5/learning_certification_type_home.html it says that the pre-requisite for CCDP is CCNA and CCDA. However, online tracking system says the pre-requisite is only CCDA.

According to online tracking system, if you have an active CCIE (whatever track), you dont need to take CCNA or CCDA and the other exams, you just need to take 642-873 ARCH and you are already CCDP.

Regards,

Dandy

kfischbach Fri, 01/25/2008 - 10:57

Hallo,

Where you saw that (URL?)i need only 642-873 because

i got the following answer from Cisco:

Original answer from Cisco:

Please see the following requirements to earn the CCDP Certification: www.cisco.com/go/ccdp. Note the prerequisites for the CCDP Certification include valid CCNA and CCDA Certifications.

Please see the following requirements to earn the CCNA Certification: www.cisco.com/go/ccna.

Please see the following requirements to earn the CCDA Certification: www.cisco.com/go/ccda.

Despite your accomplishment of a CCIE Certification, you must still complete the required exams stated in the above links to earn your CCDP Certification.

If you have any further questions, or require additional assistance, please click the hyperlink above to update your case.

regards

Karlheinz

svermill Sat, 03/22/2008 - 21:23

I realize this response is too late to be of any use to you, but for the record...

I think you got bad info from Cisco! When I look at the CCDP in the Certification Tracking Systems, it says complete all of the following:

1. The CCDA *or* any of the CCIE tracks.

2. ARCH

3. Cisco Career Certification Agreement V10

Actions

This Discussion