Views
Helpful
Replies

ips update server ip

alanajjar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If i want to configure the IPS for auto update , it asked for update server ip address, what is this ip address? is this auto update configuration needed for signature update, or it is for other updates?

regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mhellman
Level 7
Level 7

You can't point at the Cisco site, you need to host your own internal server for this purpose. Personally, I do not use or recommend putting version upgrades in this directory (I believe it will try to apply them if you do). We use the CLI for installing version upgrades. We use autoupdate for installing signature updates.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

mhellman
Level 7
Level 7

You can't point at the Cisco site, you need to host your own internal server for this purpose. Personally, I do not use or recommend putting version upgrades in this directory (I believe it will try to apply them if you do). We use the CLI for installing version upgrades. We use autoupdate for installing signature updates.

Hi,

Thank you for your response, it was helpful. just for clarefication, to update ips signatures , you download the new update manually from cisco site to the update server. is this correct scenario?

with regards

that's correct. I believe you can fully automate with Cisco CSM product if that is your desire.

Hi,

Do you mean cisco CSM (Cisco Switching Module), because I check this, and I cant find support for signature update. are there any other means to make the signature update occure automatically. thanks again.

with regards

no, I mean Cisco Security Manager. Not a very original name eh? Here is the link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6498/index.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: