cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIRONET 1310 BRIDGE CONFIGURATION

nicholasgondwe
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I desperately need help. I am trying to configure 2 Aironet 1310s as Root bridge and non-Root bridge. When I configure the root bridge the wireless interface remains up.When I try to configure the non-root bridge the AP/Bridge will assume the role of non-root bridge and immediately disable the wireless interface with line potocol down .I tried swapping the roles and still get the same proble. I am running IOS version 12.4(10b)JA

11 Replies 11

steven.wilson
Level 1
Level 1

The non-root bridge will stay "down" until the connection with the root bridge is successful. ensure that the two devices are in line of site of each other and start with a simple configuration to prove connectivity. Then you can experiment with higher security configurations.

I had the same problem and did it this way. We can swap configuration examples if you want.

Steve.

Hi

I have tried very hard and I am trying to figure out why it takes so long to associate. I have even gone to the extent of putting them within a meter apart.

Please send me your config so i take a look.

Regards

Nicholas

I am trying to sanitize my configuration, it's full of company stuff.

Check out the link below in the mean time.

Steve

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/102/bridges_pt_to_pt.pdf

Hi

Do you have to set the channels on the same frequency for the root bridge and non-root bridge like any other radio??? This one seem to change the channel automatically even when you set one manually.

newtonb
Level 1
Level 1

I have the exact same problem and have tried everything I can think of. I have several 1310 bridges working but they are running an earlier version of IOS 12.3(4JA) The new ones where the non-root bridge goes down are runnning 12.3(8JEA) HAve you had any luck yet?

Hi

No luck yet and I have a deadline to meet. Wondering what to do next.

I have loaded version 12.3(4JA2) and I still get the non root radio will shut down. I have several bridges and tried different ones but always get the same results. I am still working with this and will post updates.

Ok I will await for some luck.

Regards

Hi

I finally made a breakthrough. The issue here is the internal antannae. It seems it does not work well. I tried to use the antannae from the linksys wireless router and enabled them, I one time got the radios associate. I connected to the network and was able to ping the Pcs on each end of the network.

Now what I am interested in finding out is why those radios cannot work with the internal antannae. The model I have is AIR-BR-1310-E-K9-R.Is this designed to come with an internal antanna. I was able to pick one bar from my laptop from within 5 metres from the bridge. so what is the issue with these radios.

The AIR-BR-1310-E-K9-R has no internal antenna. it expects an Antenna to be connected via the external screw threads.

The AIR-BR-1310-E-K9 has an internal antenna only and no screw threads to connect an external one to.

This annoying detail foxed me the first time I tried this task.

AIR-BR1310G-E-K9 Aironet 1310 Outdoor AP/BR w/Integrated Antenna, ETSI Config

AIR-BR1310G-E-K9-R Aironet 1310 Outdoor AP/BR w/RP-TNC Connectors, ETSI Config

Steve

Hi

Thanks Steve I've just noticed that detail.Thanks a great deal.

Nicholas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: