cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIRONET 1310 BRIDGE CONFIGURATION

nicholasgondwe
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I desperately need help. I am trying to configure 2 Aironet 1310s as Root bridge and non-Root bridge. When I configure the root bridge the wireless interface remains up.When I try to configure the non-root bridge the AP/Bridge will assume the role of non-root bridge and immediately disable the wireless interface with line potocol down .I tried swapping the roles and still get the same proble. I am running IOS version 12.4(10b)JA

11 Replies 11

steven.wilson
Level 1
Level 1

The non-root bridge will stay "down" until the connection with the root bridge is successful. ensure that the two devices are in line of site of each other and start with a simple configuration to prove connectivity. Then you can experiment with higher security configurations.

I had the same problem and did it this way. We can swap configuration examples if you want.

Steve.

Hi

I have tried very hard and I am trying to figure out why it takes so long to associate. I have even gone to the extent of putting them within a meter apart.

Please send me your config so i take a look.

Regards

Nicholas

I am trying to sanitize my configuration, it's full of company stuff.

Check out the link below in the mean time.

Steve

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/102/bridges_pt_to_pt.pdf

Hi

Do you have to set the channels on the same frequency for the root bridge and non-root bridge like any other radio??? This one seem to change the channel automatically even when you set one manually.

newtonb
Level 1
Level 1

I have the exact same problem and have tried everything I can think of. I have several 1310 bridges working but they are running an earlier version of IOS 12.3(4JA) The new ones where the non-root bridge goes down are runnning 12.3(8JEA) HAve you had any luck yet?

Hi

No luck yet and I have a deadline to meet. Wondering what to do next.

I have loaded version 12.3(4JA2) and I still get the non root radio will shut down. I have several bridges and tried different ones but always get the same results. I am still working with this and will post updates.

Ok I will await for some luck.

Regards

Hi

I finally made a breakthrough. The issue here is the internal antannae. It seems it does not work well. I tried to use the antannae from the linksys wireless router and enabled them, I one time got the radios associate. I connected to the network and was able to ping the Pcs on each end of the network.

Now what I am interested in finding out is why those radios cannot work with the internal antannae. The model I have is AIR-BR-1310-E-K9-R.Is this designed to come with an internal antanna. I was able to pick one bar from my laptop from within 5 metres from the bridge. so what is the issue with these radios.

The AIR-BR-1310-E-K9-R has no internal antenna. it expects an Antenna to be connected via the external screw threads.

The AIR-BR-1310-E-K9 has an internal antenna only and no screw threads to connect an external one to.

This annoying detail foxed me the first time I tried this task.

AIR-BR1310G-E-K9 Aironet 1310 Outdoor AP/BR w/Integrated Antenna, ETSI Config

AIR-BR1310G-E-K9-R Aironet 1310 Outdoor AP/BR w/RP-TNC Connectors, ETSI Config

Steve

Hi

Thanks Steve I've just noticed that detail.Thanks a great deal.

Nicholas

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card