cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 evaluation update with License

steffen.plorin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have setup the evaluation on my server. Now I got the unrestricted License Key for LMS 2.6 and I already play it in. Question is there any difference between the evaluation software and the software what I got with license key ? Does you suggest to build a new setup from the License CD's ? If yes do I need to setup also WIN 2003 on the server to clean any registry entry from the evaluation ?

Gruss Steffen

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

With LMS 2.6, there are no differences between the eval key and the unrestricted key in terms of manageable device counts. The only difference is that the eval key expires after 90 days, and nags the user each time they used a licensed application.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do the following:

Go to NMSROOT\etc\licenses\ directory and delete all .lic files in here

Then do a pdterm/pdexec on the process LicenseServer

Once this is done, go to the GUI and add the new license you were given and it should work.

He Davistan,

thanks for your answer.

Main question was if there are any difference ! I already work with the License Key, but have not done pdterm/pdexec how you describe. I simply play in the License key on the server GUI. Please answer back if you suggest todo the procedure as you describe and let me know how todo pdterm/pdexec !

Danke Gruss Steffen

With LMS 2.6, there are no differences between the eval key and the unrestricted key in terms of manageable device counts. The only difference is that the eval key expires after 90 days, and nags the user each time they used a licensed application.

He Jclarke,

it was a clear answer on my question.

Great Danke Gruss Steffen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: