Views
Helpful
Replies

Using ECC Outbound variables in Script Editor

lpezj
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

I am trying to use the ECC variables of the Outobound Option in IPCC Enterprise Script Editor.

For example, if I try to set the PeripheralVariable1 to the ECC BAAcountNumber it doesn't work. In the agent desktop application the PeripheralVariable1 has no value, but I can see the BAAcountNumber in the data grid.

Do you know if I have to set up something special on IPCC Enterprise to use the ECC?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Juan Luis

3 Replies 3

Hello Juan,

did you assign a value or initialize before setting it up. If it does not have any value initially it seems to act up.

Here is cut and paste from cisco explanation:

Expanded Call Context (ECC) variables store values associated with the contact.

ECC values are written to Termination Call Detail records only if, and when, an ECC value isexplicitly set (which can be done any numbers of ways, such as using a script, an IVR, a NIC,CTI, and so on). This applies to null values as well as non-null values.

If an ECC variable has been defined, but never assigned a value, it will not have a row in theTermination Call Variable table when a Termination Call Detail record is written.

Generally speaking, ECC values are passed from leg to leg on the call. Once a value has beenassigned, the value is recorded in the Termination Call Variable for every Termination CallDetail Segment. Note, however, that this depends on how each new call segment is created. Ifit does not involve translation routes or IPCC, and is outside the original peripheral, ECCvariables, like all call variables, cannot be propagated.

Good luck,

Baseer.

juan,

did you try to initialize it or have some value prior. It seems to act up when no value or not initialiaed.. I though I responded to this.. it never showed up...

here is stuff from cicso.:

Expanded Call Context (ECC) variables store values associated with the contact.

ECC values are written to Termination Call Detail records only if, and when, an ECC value isexplicitly set (which can be done any numbers of ways, such as using a script, an IVR, a NIC,CTI, and so on). This applies to null values as well as non-null values.

If an ECC variable has been defined, but never assigned a value, it will not have a row in theTermination Call Variable table when a Termination Call Detail record is written.

Generally speaking, ECC values are passed from leg to leg on the call. Once a value has beenassigned, the value is recorded in the Termination Call Variable for every Termination CallDetail Segment. Note, however, that this depends on how each new call segment is created. Ifit does not involve translation routes or IPCC, and is outside the original peripheral, ECCvariables, like all call variables, cannot be propagated.

good luck.

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your help. The ECC variables that I am trying to use in the scripts are the variables related to the Dialer (BAAcountNumber, BABuddyName,...).

They are 'Cisco' ECC variables.

Regards,

Juan Luis

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: