cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Frame Relay DLCI

wgranada1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys just a quick refresher on frame relay pvc when I do a show frame PVC 301

I see that dlci as inactive does that tell me that their is a problem within the carriers network? I'm assuming so as I see the interface as down down.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

Most probably this is due to a missing crossconnection on the provider side, review the following:

ACTIVE > The PVC is operational and can transmit packets.

INACTIVE > The PVC is configured, but down. A missing cross-connection in the FR cloud or the remote end down - Problem in the path to the remote end.

DELETED > The PVC is configured only on the router(DTE) and no status is received from the switch via LMI - Problem on the directly connected FR Switch.

STATIC > If LMI is disabled (no keepalive - or back-to-back FR without LMI - neither sides acting as a FR hybrid switch (DCE), where also no keepalive is required to disable LMI processing).

[edit] Are you using the physical interface or a subinterface.

BR,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

Most probably this is due to a missing crossconnection on the provider side, review the following:

ACTIVE > The PVC is operational and can transmit packets.

INACTIVE > The PVC is configured, but down. A missing cross-connection in the FR cloud or the remote end down - Problem in the path to the remote end.

DELETED > The PVC is configured only on the router(DTE) and no status is received from the switch via LMI - Problem on the directly connected FR Switch.

STATIC > If LMI is disabled (no keepalive - or back-to-back FR without LMI - neither sides acting as a FR hybrid switch (DCE), where also no keepalive is required to disable LMI processing).

[edit] Are you using the physical interface or a subinterface.

BR,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Mohammed;

ok I thought so but the guys tell me that they see a link light on the router which

kind of confused me. Then I found out that they are looking at the wrong router so they

are chasing it down. Thanks again for the refresher course!!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card