cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Frame Relay DLCI

wgranada1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys just a quick refresher on frame relay pvc when I do a show frame PVC 301

I see that dlci as inactive does that tell me that their is a problem within the carriers network? I'm assuming so as I see the interface as down down.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

Most probably this is due to a missing crossconnection on the provider side, review the following:

ACTIVE > The PVC is operational and can transmit packets.

INACTIVE > The PVC is configured, but down. A missing cross-connection in the FR cloud or the remote end down - Problem in the path to the remote end.

DELETED > The PVC is configured only on the router(DTE) and no status is received from the switch via LMI - Problem on the directly connected FR Switch.

STATIC > If LMI is disabled (no keepalive - or back-to-back FR without LMI - neither sides acting as a FR hybrid switch (DCE), where also no keepalive is required to disable LMI processing).

[edit] Are you using the physical interface or a subinterface.

BR,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

Most probably this is due to a missing crossconnection on the provider side, review the following:

ACTIVE > The PVC is operational and can transmit packets.

INACTIVE > The PVC is configured, but down. A missing cross-connection in the FR cloud or the remote end down - Problem in the path to the remote end.

DELETED > The PVC is configured only on the router(DTE) and no status is received from the switch via LMI - Problem on the directly connected FR Switch.

STATIC > If LMI is disabled (no keepalive - or back-to-back FR without LMI - neither sides acting as a FR hybrid switch (DCE), where also no keepalive is required to disable LMI processing).

[edit] Are you using the physical interface or a subinterface.

BR,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Mohammed;

ok I thought so but the guys tell me that they see a link light on the router which

kind of confused me. Then I found out that they are looking at the wrong router so they

are chasing it down. Thanks again for the refresher course!!!!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card