Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility XML Service

walidazab
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to use EM API and am a bit confused. I know that what I need is send an XML file over HTTP to the URL:

http://192.168.0.150/emapp/EMAppServlet

I also know that I need to certify my XML with an AppID and a certificate password.

My question is what is exactly that application id and password and where can I configure them?

My test was as follows:

------------------------

<request>

<appInfo>

<appID>EMService</appID>

<appCertificate>password</appCertificate> </appInfo>

<login>

<deviceName>SEP0025C43076AA</deviceName>

<userID>303</userID>

</login>

</request>

------------------------

But when I read the response in my .NET application I get the following:

------------------------

<CiscoIPPhoneText>

<Title>Login response</Title>

<Text>Login Unsuccessful</Text>

<Prompt>Error: [100]</Prompt>

<SoftKeyItem>

<Name>Exit</Name>

<URL>SoftKey:Exit</URL>

<Position>1</Position>

</SoftKeyItem>

</CiscoIPPhoneText>

-------------------------------

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

7 Replies 7

Mike-1985
Level 1
Level 1

The appID is the userID of the user you want to login. And the appCertificate is the user's password! (not it's pincode you normaly use when loggin in onto a phone itself!)

edit.

the userID is the same as appID

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. I followed your directions but the error is the same!

My XML Message is:

------------------

SEP00115C4076AE

------------------

And the error is:

--------------------------------

Login response

Login Unsuccessful

Error: [100]

Exit

SoftKey:Exit

--------------------------------

I hope there is an explanation to that?

Thanks

Are you able to login manualy on the phone using the same credentials? I don't think the userID is correct. This usually is NOT numeric (altough the word ID might be a bit confusing).

What username do you use when you manualy login the phone? This is the userID the EM service wants

edit:

Witch version of Call Manager do you use?

Well, yes I am able to log on manually. I just did now.

Yes I also use the same user ID when I log on to the service manually using the phone set. I also use the same user when logging onto CCMuser page.

I am using CCM version 3.3.4.

hmmm...

I'm not sure if the CCM 3.3.4 has an Extension Mobility API. I have been working with CCM 4, CCM5 and CCM6 they have the EM API so no problem at all.

I tried to find out anything about the EM API for CCM versions below 4.1, but could not find anything. Have a look at this page: http://www.ccnp.biz/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_programming_reference_guides_list.html

Are you sure CCM 3.3.4 has an EM API?

Hi,

yes CM 3.3(4) has an EM API and as far as I know it didn't change until 6.x.

May be your problem is related to "Authentication Proxy Rights"? You have to check this right at the user device profile page. With this right one user can login any other user to any other phone.

Regards

Axel

Hi,

I also faced a similar problem, what i did was that in the first two fields where appid and password was required i used CCMAdministrator and its password. The device name remains the device you want to login and userid is the call manager user id who has to login onto the system. I am not sure if CCMAdministrator should be used here but it certainly worked in my case.

Thanks,

Sid

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: